Academia of the Beast: A Dark Retelling of Beauty and the Beast by K.N. Lee Book Review



I feel betrayed, excited, and confused. 


Yup, all those things together, I went into this book thinking it will be a fantasy (which it was, but it was also a bit new adult) Nothing wrong with the above. I was prepared to swept away by this dark retelling, and I was just lifted.
I was expecting more VA VA VOOM. I didn't get any. The story was good; I think it needs some elaboration. The element was there, but not character or world development and when you had it some excitement happening it finished in a paragraph.
So I don't know if I were to suggest it for you guys to read it.

I mean I did pre-order the next book in the series because I needed to see if it's going to be better. It was an easy read, I finished in a day. SO if you are a fun of beauty and the beast then maybe give it a go. Don't except to swept away, just lifted by a light breeze.




Comments